I provide one-to-one consultation to help advise on and resolve specific muscular and movement issues of your body.
My method is based on four foundations:
- Katy Bowman’s Restorative Exercise, an innovative approach combining biomechanics, alignment and natural movement to help you learn how to move and feel better.
- NeuroKinetic Therapy® (NKT), a ground-breaking technique that uses manual muscle testing to assess dysfunctions in the coordination system of the brain. These faulty muscle patterns can result from injury, bad posture or poor movement patterns and generally cause a lot of pain. NKT reteaches the brain resulting in immediate correction of neuromuscular imbalances and reduced pain.
- Anatomy in Motion (AiM), a combination of movements, collectively known as the Flow Motion Model, which improves movement quality and decreases pain from the feet upwards.
- Pilates, a method of exercise that consists of low-impact flexibility, muscular strength and endurance movements. Pilates emphasizes proper postural alignment, core strength and muscle balance.
Each session typically includes:
- A biomechanical assessment of your body while standing and in movement to assess your muscle imbalances.
- Hands-on palpation to pinpoint sore muscles and ligaments.
- Muscle testing to find muscle imbalances and compensation patterns in the body to focus on what needs correcting.
- The development of a set of corrective exercises specific to you. (To permanently rebalance your muscles and ligaments and remove tension and pain you would typically need to practise these daily for a few weeks.)
I have helped people with:
- Foot problems such as bunions, plantar fasciitis, ankle weakness, flat feet, aching calves and hammertoes
- Pelvic floor dysfunction such as incontinence, heaviness and all forms of prolapse
- Abdominal separation (diastasis recti)
- Back pain
- Gait realignment
- Postural issues
- Neck pain
- General joint pain
“I had very little connection to my tummy muscles and my pelvic floor was shot after I had my second baby. I went to see Rachel for a few private sessions where she confirmed that I had a large abdominal separation. Rachel was really helpful, explaining what changes I had to make and she gave me set of exercises to do at home. My pelvic floor problem is much better and I’m feeling way stronger.”
An initial 75-minute assessment costs £75. Subsequent one-hour appointments are £60 and half-hour appointments are £35.
Clients typically need an initial appointment and then 1 or 2 follow-up sessions to feel an improvement.
Call or email to make an appointment:
call: 07583 171 726
or fill out the form below and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Got a question?
Fill out the form below with your enquiry and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.